Maasdam 2 Ton Chain Hoist review
This chain hoist is a Maasdam brand chain hoist with great lifting capabilities, durable construction and a great price.
Maasdam is one of three major brands for Pow’R-Pull Holding Company, LLC, a professional tool manufacturer that has decades of experience in this field. The tools from the Maasdam Pow’R-Pull line have been manufactured since 1946 giving them timeless quality and the ability to stand the test of time.
The chain hoist that we are discussing here is made from reliable steel which is powder coated giving the steel anti-rust capabilities. On top of that the chain hoist itself is in neutral black color which means that it will blend in well in most environments and won’t stand out like a sore thumb. And the design of the hoist is compact yet handy so it is easy to use even for first time users.
Applications of this manual chain hoist include lifting automotive engines, industrial equipment and different machinery like generators or sound equipment. But since the capacity of this particular chain hoist is 2 tons (4000 lbs.) and the lifting range of it is up to 10 feet (3 m) then you will be able to use this hoist to lift all kinds of heavier objects not restricting yourself to doing jobs that require you lifting only lighter coponents.
Additionally this chain hoist also has brake system enclosed into the housing of the hoist mechanism that will help you lift any object just at the right height and lower it down slowly and in a controlled way. But the 360 degree swiveling hook of the hoist is 1.25 inches (0.6 cm) in size and it is equipped with safety latches so you will be able to safely use it even with thicker chains and hooks.
Size and weight
The full size of this chain hoist is 11.5×9.13×7.13 inches (29.2×38.6×18.1 cm) and it weighs about 32 lbs. (14.5 kg) so it is lightweight and compact both when put away or while being used. The housing of the lifting mechanism is 6.75x6x7.25 inches (17.4×15.2×18.4 cm) and the length of the housing combined with the hook is 13.25 inches (33.6 cm).
- Durable steel construction powder-coated for additional rust protection
- Compact in size and lightweight so will be easy to store or transport from place to place
- The chain hoist has quality design so it is easy to operate
- Has enclosed brake system for safer and more precise use
- Works flawlessly even when handling loads up to 2 tons
- Because of the quality of the hoist the price point of it is a bit higher
- If you don’t need a heavy duty 4000 lb. capacity chain hoist then choose one with smaller capacity for cheaper price