ATD-7484 2 Ton engine lifter review
The engine lifter made by ATD Advanced Tool Design has got a lifting capacity of 2 tons (4000 lb). Engine hoist can be used to lift different heavy objects, its main focus is engine lifting but it can also be used to lift other car parts such as transmissions or in many other industries, for example to lift heavy pallets and boxes in shops and warehouses.
ATD engine lifter is made from a heavy gauge steel that can easily hold loads up to 2 tons (4000 lb). The construction of the hoists consists of multiple steel parts welded together from steel plates to form square shaped tubes. Most parts of the hoist are mounted with durable steel bolts. The welding spots of the hoist look quality and the hoist has got a decent paint job. On the sides of the hoist there are two steel braces that provide better durability and stability of the tool. On the back of the hoist there is a moving handle that can be used to move the hoist easier when holding an engine. ATD engine hoist does not have a foldable design like many other hoists, so it cannot be folded for storage, only both front and rear legs can be extended or pulled in, which will decrease the overall dimensions of the hoist.
For lifting this engine hoist is equipped with a strong 8 ton (16000 lb) hydraulic jack. The jack used on this engine hoist is a heavy duty tool that will lift loads up to 2 tons (4000 lb) with ease and should have a long life span. The hydraulic ram has got a useful feature called a by-pass safety mechanism that prevents the hydraulic jack from failing in the lifting process. To lift a load you need to insert a pumping bar into the bottom of the jack. The hoist has got a place on the side of the upright mast where you can store the pumping bar when it’s not in use. To lower a load ATD hoist has got a metered control release valve that allows to precisely lower a load.
Legs and wheels
Advanced Tool Design engine lifter has got 4 extendable legs, 2 on the front and 2 on the back of the hoist. Extendable legs will increase the stability of the hoist when lifting loads with boom extended. Rear legs can be extended from 35 inches (89 cm) to 53 inches (134 cm) and front legs can be extended from 29 inches (73 cm) to 33.5 inches (85 cm). The hoist has got 4 casters with 3.5 inch (8.9 cm) diameter, which all can be rotated 360 degrees around for extended maneuverability.
ATD engine hoist is equipped with an adjustable boom with 4 positions:
- 2 ton (4000 lb), with 69 inch (1.75 m) lifting range from the ground and 49 inch length (1.24 m) of the boom;
- 1.5 ton (3000 lb), with 75 inch (1.90 m) lifting range from the ground and 58 inch length (147 m) of the boom;
- 1 ton (2000 lb), with 81 inch (2.06 m) lifting range from the ground and 67 inch length (1.70 m) of the boom;
- ½ ton (1000 lb), with 86 inch (2.18 m) lifting range from the ground and 77 inch length (1.95 m) of the boom.
The hoist also has got a chain and a hook located at the front of the boom, where you can attach lifting chains or a load leveler.
Size and weight
The dimensions of ATD-7484 engine hoist are 63x35x57 inches (160x89x145 cm) and the weight of the tool is 243 lb (110 kg). Manufacturer Advanced Tool Design provides a 1 year limited warranty for the hoist.
- Heavy duty steel construction will lift engines up to 2 tons (4000 lb) without any problems
- Very stable design, moves freely thanks to 4 swivel casters
- Extendable legs allow to adjust the hoist for different lifting tasks
- The hoist cannot be folded and will take up a lot of space when not in use