Vestil EHN-60-T engine hoist review
This is a very capable and handy tool to lift large engines and other heavy objects. It provides easy operation, durable design and most importantly safe exploitation without the chance that something would break and your heavy load would tumble down to the ground.
This engine hoist is great, because it can be used in thousands of different ways. That is thanks to the various different options this engine hoist has. Since the maximum weight capacity of this hoist is 6000 pounds you will be able to use this hoist event to lift very heavy objects, but since the boom of this hoist can be adjusted, you can also use it to lift as little as 1 ton or less objects.
Additionally, this hoist has a hydraulic cylinder that will make the lifting process quick and easy, even though it has a manual lifting mechanism, and the ram of this hoist is able to hold up to 12 ton loads that are angled, meaning that you can use this hoist without feat that something might break.
This engine hoist is constructed from a high grade steel, which means that not only this hoist will last you a long time, but, as long as you don’t go over its maximum capacity, it won’t bend or break. On top of that, the steel is painted in a yellow color, so it adds a nice pop of color to the place where it is used.
Legs and wheels
Construction of this hoist is made so it has two main legs shaped like the letter U, so the engine hoist stands firmly on the ground even when it is used to lift objects in its maximum lifting capacity. Under these legs there are four casters from which two front ones are rigid but two back ones can swivel in 360-degree angle, making it easy to steer the hoist in the direction you need and maneuver it around different objects that might be in your way.
This engine hoist features a telescopic boom that has four different lifting capacity and height settings. With this Vestil hoist you will be able to lift 1 to 3 ton loads 6.25 to 96.14 inches high depending of which boom capacity setting you use. And the boom is operated with the help of manual hydraulic hand pump, so it can be used even in places, where you don’t have a direct line to electricity.
Size and weight
The only downside to this engine hoist is that it doesn’t fold like some other hoists do, so it will have to be stored in in its full size. But because it is only 61 by 54.5 by 31.75 inches in size, it won’t take up that much space, even if stored in full size. As for weight, because it is meant to lift up to 6000-pound weight, it itself weighs 340 pounds, but the casters under the hoist will still make it easy to move it from one place to another.
- There are four different boom capacity settings that you can use to lift lighter or heavier loads;
- Because of the boom settings you are able to lift lighter loads up to 94.14 inches high;
- This engine hoist has two main legs with four casters under them, which means it will be easy to move the hoist around;
- On top of that the two back wheels swivel, meaning that it will be easy to maneuver this hoist even past a lot of obstacles;
- The maximum lifting capacity of this hoist is 3 tons;
- You can use this hoist for hundreds of different applications starting with lifting car engines, to lifting cement blocks and so much more.
- Since this is a manual engine hoist, you will have to lift and lower the loads manually, by using the hand pump;
- The hoist doesn’t fold, so you will need to store it in its full size.